Full Job Title: RESEARCH FELLOW- Center for Stem Cell and Organoid Medicine (CuSTOM)
Job Number: 95184
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Date Posted: 1-10-2018
MAJORDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Design, execute, and recordlaboratory experiments; apply standard scientific protocols to experiments,research, and improve current methods and evaluate innovative techniques.
2. Draft, write, and editscientific reports, papers, journal articles, and abstracts.
3. Design and performexperiments and record data according to research protocol. Independentlyreproduce, evaluate, research, and improve techniques currently used. Adapt newmethods to existing procedures and modify current experiments through scientificknowledge and intuition. Maintain accurate and detailed records of alllaboratory work and experiments.
4. Develop, set-up, and verifynew procedures in the laboratory. Standardize and establish new publishedprocedures; evaluate innovative techniques. Develop new assays and newprotocols; design formats.
5. Discuss relevant insightsabout experimental results with Faculty and provide useful recommendations andanalysis.
6. Maintain an integral role inthe laboratory's meetings, presentations, and publications. Present informationon research and laboratory work to others at laboratory meetings, journalclubs, and seminars.
7. Troubleshoot and correcterroneous results or problems with laboratory equipment. Maintain and repairequipment; monitor proper use by personnel.
8. Maintain optimal protocoland assay accuracy by conducting regular quality and reproducibility checks.
9. Assist in preparing,writing, and maintaining fiscal budget. Monitor expenditures and preparecapital expenditure requests; track funding, maintain accurate balance, andresolve any discrepancies.
10. Follow policies andprocedures governing the handling of confidential information as defined byCincinnati Children's mission and applicable laws and regulations. Ensuretimeliness, accuracy, availability, and security of information.
11. Perform routine procedures,including the collection and analysis of research data, which may affectdecisions regarding future patient care.
12. Provide services in amanner to be regularly and conveniently available to meet the needs ofCincinnati Children's research initiatives as determined by departmentmanagement and Cincinnati Children's governing body.
13. Maintain currency in fieldthrough continuing education, literature and seminars. Implement this knowledgeinto the Department.
14. Recommend approaches forimprovement activities, recommend and perform new processes, collect andmeasure data, develop processes based on performance, and communicate results.
15. Ensure that work areas areorganized and present a safe, accessible, effective and efficient environment.Manage attendance at required Cincinnati Children's training sessions,including radiation safety, laboratory safety, bloodborne pathogens, and OSHA.Comply with Infection Control policies and procedures.
16. Participate in establishingjob requirements and goals; perform duties at the desired level of competency.
17. Understand, adhere to, andmodel Core Standards as defined organizationally and specifically within the department/unit.
18. Perform other duties asassigned.
Cincinnati Children’s will not discriminate against applicants and employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. If you would like more information about the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, please click here