Full Job Title: Rheumatology STUDENT II -
Job Number: 97275
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Date Posted: 3-4-2018
TITLES SUPERVISED: N/A
TOTAL NUMBER OF FTE'sDIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY SUPERVISED: N/A
This is a part time positionfor a highly motivated undergraduate student that is interested in gainingexperience working in a facility containing complex instruments used inbiomedical research. The Research Flow Cytometry Core performs and trainsresearchers at CCHMC and local institutions in cellular analysis and cellsorting. The successful candidate will aid in daily setup and qualityassurance of instrumentation and communicate any issues or errors to the corestaff or manager. There may be other opportunities for involvement in theRFCC if the candidate is deemed stellar in their performance. This willbe a one year, temporary position.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Theposition responsibilities vary throughout Cincinnati Children's and areestablished according to the needs and resources of the Cincinnati Children'sdepartment providing the placement opportunity.
2. Learn the daily routines of healthcare/researchinvestigators
3. Foster career interests in healthcare/research
4. Gain experience and awareness of the academic,technical and personal skills required in healthcare/research professions
5. Gain an understanding of differenthealth/research careers, including the cultures and work environments that canbe unique to a particular healthcare/research profession
6. Develop an understanding of the criticalconnections between education, work and goal attainment
7. Complywith policies and procedures protecting patient rights for informed consent andthe handling of confidential information as defined by Cincinnati Children'smission and applicable laws and regulations.
8. CompleteCincinnati Children's training required for the position.
9. Adhereto safe work practices.
10. Understand,adhere to and model Core Standards as defined organizationally and specificallywithin the
department / unit.
11. Performother duties as assigned.
Skills & Competencies
REQUIRED SKILLSPossess a courteous, positive and serviceoriented demeanor. Good verbal, written, interpersonal and telephonecommunication skills. Physical stamina sufficient to meet the positionrequirements. Computer literate and working knowledge of software applications.
EDUCATION\WORK EXPERIENCE: Must be currently enrolled in a degreegranting college program.
Cincinnati Children’s will not discriminate against applicants and employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. If you would like more information about the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, please click here