Full Job Title: SURF STUDENT II - Summer 2018
Job Number: 97358
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Date Posted: 4-16-2018
POSITION TITLE: SURF Student II
DEPARTMENT: Non-Nursing Departments
TITLES SUPERVISED: N/A
TOTAL NUMBER OF FTE's DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY SUPERVISED: N/A
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To allow the student to gain career related work experience at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The position responsibilities vary throughout Cincinnati Children's and are established according to the needs and resources of the Cincinnati Children's department providing the placement opportunity.
2. Learn the daily routines of healthcare/research investigators
3. Foster career interests in healthcare/research
4. Gain experience and awareness of the academic, technical and personal skills required in healthcare/research professions
5. Gain an understanding of different health/research careers, including the cultures and work environments that can be unique to a particular healthcare/research profession
6. Develop an understanding of the critical connections between education, work and goal attainment
7. Comply with policies and procedures protecting patient rights for informed consent and the handling of confidential information as defined by Cincinnati Children's mission and applicable laws and regulations.
8. Complete Cincinnati Children's training required for the position.
9. Adhere to safe work practices.
10. Understand, adhere to and model Core Standards as defined organizationally and specifically within the
department / unit.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.Skills & Competencies
Possess a courteous, positive and service oriented demeanor. Good verbal, written, interpersonal and telephone communication skills. Physical stamina sufficient to meet the position requirements. Computer literate and working knowledge of software applications.
Cincinnati Children’s will not discriminate against applicants and employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. If you would like more information about the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, please click here