1. Plan of Care: Provide approved care of assigned patients and assist in implementation of interventions under supervision of RN. Supervise and assist patients with activities of daily living. Supervise developmentally appropriate activities. Offers assistance to co-workers after completion of own duties. Use crisis control techniques and assist in de-escalation of visitors. Assist with patient transport as requested.
2. Communication:Demonstrates the Cincinnati Children's CARES behaviors in all interactions with patients, families, visitors and co-workers by actively participating as a front-line example of extraordinary customer service and satisfaction. Reports present status or changes in patient condition on an ongoing basis and in change of shift summary. Completes timely documentation of information in the patient medical record. Seek information and guidance when needed. Discusses concerns of work situation with Director or designee.
3. Environment:Ensures that within the division, all areas are organized and present a safe, accessible, effective and efficient environment for patients, families, visitors, and employees. Ensure that work areas are organized and present a safe, accessible, effective and efficient environment for employees, patients and families. Comply with Infection Control policies and procedures. Adhere to safety procedures appropriate to children's ages and development levels.
4. Fiscal Responsibility: Demonstrates fiscal responsibility and accountability with respect to patient charges and Cincinnati Children's charge capture. Performs duties related to charging and reconciling charges as assigned.
5. Administrative Support: Responds to communication system/patient alarms and executes with a sense of urgency. Answer the telephone in accordance with CCHMC telephone etiquette. Assemble charts, order patient supplies, and stock clerical supplies.
6. Regulatory Standards: Comply with policies and procedures protecting patient rights for informed consent and the handling of confidential information as defined by Cincinnati Children's mission and applicable laws and regulations. Respect confidentiality of patients, families and employees. Provide for the exchange of appropriate patient care information regarding patients.
7. Learning and Development:Participates in all required CCHMC training and attends required in-services. Participates in professional development opportunities and implements this knowledge into daily practices. Participate in unit staff meetings. Assists in the orientation and training of new employees.
8. Shared Governance: Identifies system problems and utilizes strategies for resolutions. Participate in improving organizational performance through recommending areas or approaches for improvement activities, performing new procedures, collecting data and providing input to department discussions. Participate in establishing job requirements and goals; perform duties at the desired level of competency. Perform other duties as assigned.