PURPOSE OF POSITION: To support the efficient and effective management of the financial, administrative, and operational functions of a Non-Clinical, Non-Research department with annual operating and capital spend of more than $10 million and less than $50 million
•Financial Management Accountable for development, evaluation, management and reporting of annual fiscal operating budget of the department(s); timely identification, investigation and reporting of variances from budget, including the development and implementation of remediation activities, when warranted; plan and manage annual capital budget for the department(s); maintain five-year capital plan; conduct financial analysis in support of existing and/or proposed programs and services; analyze trends to predict future needs; monitors financial performance. Identifies, recommends and implements strategies to reduce costs & improve quality of care/service; lead department efforts to obtain vendor proposals; evaluate financial implications of various vendor proposals and make recommendations; and Ensure vendor terms are appropriate and consistent with organization-wide initiatives.
•Financial Transactions Ensure departmental compliance with all CCHMC policies and procedures; ensure adequate internal accounting control procedures exist and are operating effectively to ensure accurate, timely and complete recognition of departmental financial transactions; and coordinate, review and approve requisitions, leases, vendor contracts and service contracts within scope. Authority level for financial transactions including invoice, requisition and check request approval is at the Department Approval Level of $5,000.00.
•Department Operations/Administration Provide facility management and space planning as necessary; coordinate procurement activities with General Purchasing as necessary; collaborates with multidisciplinary management to plan, implement and evaluate financial and operational impact of services and programs; provide leadership for the administrative functions of the department(s) as necessary; support acquisition and allocation of resources and technology to advance the initiatives of the department/division; and manage the development, implementation and assessment of departmental policies, procedures and philosophy as consistent with CCHMC's policies and values.
•Human Resources Administration Monitor staffing requirements to ensure appropriate distribution of present and future FTE's for departments supported; ensure accuracy of payroll inputs; hire, develop, coach, evaluates, mentor and direct supervised staff which may include administrative personnel and financial analysts, if applicable.
•Project Management and Support - Capital Work with project team to create and/or assess reasonableness of project cost estimates; coordinate project cost estimates with capital and operating plans and budgets; ensure vendor contract terms are appropriate, within budget and are reflected in invoices approved for payment. Ensure adequate internal financial controls are established and operating for project costs (i.e., milestone validation, invoice support, functionality sign-off, etc.); and ensures project costs are appropriately reported to management and are accounted for accurately on a timely basis (i.e., accrual accounting).
•Strategic Plan Support Propose, research, and manage the development, implementation and assessment of long and short term operating goals and objectives annually; and as directed, operationalize, implement and monitor the unit's assigned strategic initiativesSkills & Competencies
• Business Acumen Possess good business acumen
• Prioritization Using time efficiently and productively; prioritizing multiple tasks properly to meet deadlines; recognizing time constraints and adjusting work schedule to address them.
• Diversity Appreciation Understanding and showing respect and appreciation for the uniqueness of all individuals; leveraging differences in others' perspectives and ideas; appreciating cultural differences and adjusting one's approach to successfully integrate with others who are different from oneself
• Management Demonstrated leadership and management skills
• MS Office - Intermediate Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Organization Strong organizational and project management skills to handle projects independently.
• Analysis - Basic Analytical ability sufficient to evaluate data, make judgments and recommendations
• Communication Excellent verbal, written and/or interpersonal communication skills
• Accounting and Finance Accounting and financial reporting and modeling skills; proven and expert financial analysis capabilities (including business plans, ROIs) to propose/articulate business solutions/improvements; knowledge of enterprise wide financial systems
• Preferred Knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials
• Bachelor in Accounting OR Bachelor of Finance OR in a related disipline
• 3 years related experience with an emphasis in accounting and financial reporting and modeling
• Master of Business Admin OR CPA
• Leadership/management experience in healthcare OR in an academic setting with an emphasis in an accounting, financial, operational, and management/supervisory role