Full Job Title: Assistant Professor - Behavioral Medicine and Clinical Psychology
Job Number: 97384
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Date Posted: 2-8-2018
Clinical Director of One of the College Hill Inpatient Units
This position would report to the lead psychologist and develop and direct clinical services, oversee and consult for therapeutic programming and individualized specialty care plans within the Child Inpatient Psychiatric program. This program services children ages 3-13 years and has an average length of stay of 7-8 days. Responsibilities include:
· Therapy/Milieu Program - Collaborate with unit clinical leaders and direct care staff to implement evidence based treatment program and continuously assess fidelity of overall program (patient schedules, reinforcement systems, therapeutic groups and evidence based principles associated with CBT and/or DBT).
· Clinical Staff competency/development - Implement strategies to ensure fidelity of overall program and skills/competency of staff facilitating the program.
· Patient Outcome Evaluation - Evaluate patient outcomes associated with day to day clinical interventions and clinical staff skills.
· Specialized Individual Care Planning - Provide direct oversight/development of specialized care plans for treatment resistant patients.
· Research Opportunities– Lead or collaborate on research efforts related to inpatient services and outcomes.
Skills & Competencies
· Behavioral analysis and application of behavioral interventions.
· Trauma informed assessment and interventions
· Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and translation of principles across various care settings.
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Compliance – Assure compliance with behavioral health standards of care as set forth by Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services and Joint Commission.
· Interprofessional Practice – Collaborate with RN/MHS's and other disciplines on the inpatient mental health team to asses/develop/evaluate evidence based therapeutic programming.
· Clinical Supervision – Directly provide supervision for direct care clinical staff and behavioral specialist.
· Fidelity in therapeutic plan - Commitment to continuity of care planning for complex patients.
· Quality Improvement – Engage in key quality improvement initiatives associated with safety, experience and clinical outcomes.
PhD or Psy D
Minimum 2-3 years experience in assessment and evidence-based treatment of acute psychiatric illnesses and chronic mental health conditions.
Experience within an inpatient psychiatric hospital setting collaborating with interdisciplinary teams.
Cincinnati Children’s will not discriminate against applicants and employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. If you would like more information about the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, please click here